Sunday 13 January 2013

Snow Glorious Snow!

Nipped to the allotments in Maryport where the Ring-necked Parakeet was hanging out nice views but it never hung around and is VERY wary...I was lucky to get 1 shot off before it flew.

So now i moved onto Allonby to check any Gulls on the tide line but today there were very few. So i moved onto Mawbray to see if i could get any better pictures of the Twite on the beach. I couldn't find them so as it was snowing heavily i took the opportunity to take some pics of the roosting Oystercatchers including a very white headed individual.







I was getting cold and damp now so decided to move a little further as thousands of Gulls were now roosting on the sea. I had a good scan but no White wingers, some though were too distant to check thoroughly. I went back to check the Waders and got Sanderling and Golden Plover.


So i decided id call it a day but on the way back i found the Twite so just had to have another go at photographing them. Digiscoping them is so tricky, the light was rubbish but the way they blend in to the back ground make them impossible to get anything good but here's my best efforts. They were close too so i was very disappointed.











I was frozen and wet now so headed quickly back to my Van and Home.. Its still Snowing as i write ..



Lastly in the Garden today 2 Goldfinch and a Greenfinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment