Wednesday 24 July 2013

My New Home

Well I'm home, well my new home Suffolk. Arrived today, red hot it is so I got unpacked had a drink and some Snap then went out to Carlton Marsh's, I didn't have a clue about where or what this place was so it was a matter of driving around till I found the place and then walking around till I found the birds. Find the birds I did a cracking little spot but I was on the wrong side I could see birders on the opposite side and they were much closer to the birds. That's for tomorrow though, and now I no. Anyway birds of interest to me were the 10 Little Egrets, Greenshank, Redshank, Common Sandpiper and a year tick in the form of 3 Green Sandpipers. My first Chinese Water deer here too. A few Grey Herons flew over noisily and a Stonechat was nice along with 2 Kestrels. A Weasel Ran across the track with a mouse What a really nice start.
Cant believe how quiet it is here too, far from the noisy road I lived next to.
 
 Little egret

Little Egret

Green Sandpiper

Common and Green Sandpiper
 

2 comments:

  1. Well done you, hope all goes well, I'm looking forward to being p*** of with all your finds ;-)
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gordon mate, really enjoying myself, its like being on holiday lol.. keep in touch.

      Delete