Sunday 11 August 2013

Lifer

So I was out early again today and started with a seawatch, disappointingly quiet, 1 Arctic Skua, 2 Arctic Tern, 8 Med Gulls and a few waders was it. So moved onto the disused railway, its a great spot down there and has massive potential, so massive I had a lifer here, Purple Hairstreak. Now we got these in Cumbria but I never bothered going to see them as It was like a twitch, but here its on my local patch, so that pleased me no end.  Not a great shot I no but it was high up in the oak and I only saw it 3 times, illusive bugger but wow what a place. (click to enlarge)

 
Also saw plenty of common stuff and this Migrant Hawker again.
 
 
The birds did put in an appearance today with excellent views of Green Woodpecker an even better views of 2 just fledged Sparrowhawks and there parents.
Did I ever say I love East Anglia ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment