Saturday 28 December 2013

Norfolk Again.

Can ya tell I just LOVE Norfolk... Rach the dogs n I headed that way again. Started looking for the Rose Coloured Starling and not a great start, just couldn't find it anywhere.
Moved onto Ludham airfield where I managed distant views of a group of 58 Bewick and 27 Whooper Swans. We moved around and managed to find a better area to view although it was looking into the sun but I love Bewick Swans so was pleased to see them a bit closer.







Moved onto Kelling Quags where the Richards Pipit showed well at times giving good scope views.



 
checked through a few Pinkfooted geese too but nothing special. Sat on the beach and had our lunch and did a sea watch for an hour and a half picked up 8 Red Throated Divers, handful of Guillemots and then just before we were going to leave a close Little Auk flew north bingo!!!
Finished off by visiting Chosley Barns and 0 Corn Buntings! then Titchwell for the sunset. At Titchwell 5 Spotted Redshank were the pick of the good numbers of waders. A sea watch was disappointing with 2 GC Grebe and 8 Goldeneye. a list of Waders were Black and Bar tailed Godwit, loads of Ruff and Golden Plover,  Dunlin, Grey Plover and some Avocets. On the way back in the dark Cetties Warbler and Water Rail, also nice to hear Bearded Tits.
Back on the patch (drive past) I Spotted a Tawny Owl sat in the tree. What a great finish..

Id be very surprised if I saw any new birds now before the new year so im happy to say I finished my year list on a respectable 276 Species....

No comments:

Post a Comment