Saturday 7 December 2013

Rough Snow Buntings

Rach the dogs n I had a walk up the beach from Lowestoft to Pakefield it was fairly quiet until we reached Pakefield where I spotted a load of SNOW BUNTINGS 23 I counted. Showing quite well, then I noticed many had been Rung, I through I saw the ringers on the way through. The birds weren't happy with em and were pecking at em.
On the way back 3 Med Gulls, 1 Adult and 2 Second winters.








After this we nipped for lunch then went looking for a ROUGH LEGGED BUZZARD which we were lucky to find with the help of Rene and Dave at Waveney Woods. Views were distant but it was great to see 2 Marsh Harrier, a Peregrine and the Rough legged Buzzard all in the same scope view. The Buzzard seemed to take a Starling and pluck it on the ground. in total there were 2 Peregrine, 2 Marsh Harrier and 2 Rough Legged Buzzard but we only saw the one. A small flock of Pink Footed Geese were present but they were just too far to pick out a Bean Geese. No visible White-fronted geese.
Another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment