Saturday 15 February 2014

Dip Doh!

During the week I had Tawny Owl and Firecrest in Corton Woods.
The Cliff top to Cortson Old Sewage Works (COSW) hosted no less than 50 Common Snipe, most ive seen here.
From Radar Road were 32 Dark Bellied Brent geese and 7 Shelduck sat on the sea.
On the way home one night I nipped in to see the 3 Bewick Swans on Beccles Marsh as viewed from the main road bridge.
Today however I was up fairly early, where I did a bit of a seawatch from the garden.
 2 Fulmar, 12 Common Scoter, 7 Shelduck, 4 Wigeon 5 Teal, lots Kitts, Gannets and Cormorant, otherwise disappointingly quiet for anything decent.
Then Rach n I had a drive south to explore more of the area. We ended up at Sizewell Beach where we had a walk to Minsmere. Here I managed to spot the Red Headed Smew that had been about. On the way back sharp eyed Shaw here spotted a female Black Redstart in Sizewell compound but very distant, I did take a pic but didn't check my settings and it turned out Black n White. ooops


I then got wind of my first lifer of the yeat, an Olive Backed Pipit in Leiston so rushed to go see this but bloody dipped, couldn't believe it!!! So disheartened we packed it in and came home, there's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You can't win em all Craig, nice to see you are settling in, in your new County.
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon, and thanks for popping in from time to time, I hope lifes treating you well.

      Delete