Sunday 31 August 2014

Sutton on Sea.

Firstly Friday morning before work I managed to get out to the Old Sewage works to have a quick look for last nights Red Backed Shrike that id found. No sign initially but 2 very nice Whinchat in the morning light.




Eventually a few birders turned up and we had brief views of the Red Backed Shrike. Always love it when other birders get to see my birds. Anyway I couldn't stop long as I had to get to work.

Returned from work and headed to Sutton On Sea to meet my sister camping so there was no real birding done. I did take bins and my ears, I heard Yellow Wagtail and Tree Sparrow from the tent bedroom, probably my last Swift of the year with many migrating Swallows and House Martin. On the sea on a walk were Common Scoters, Porpoise and lots of gulls including an Adult Med Gull. 25 Sanderling were a nice addition to the weekends list.
Got back tonight and drilled the patch but absolutely dead. Yellow Wagtail and a few Chiffchaff was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment