Sunday 19 October 2014

All About the patch

The patch has been absolutely Crap! this last couple of weeks and I mean CRAP! Redwings and Red Throated Divers were the only things of note.
Best bird of the week was actually on a roof at Work in the Centre of Norwich a cracking Black Redstart.
Friday night hosted 1500 Pinkfeet over the garden.
On to yesterday I didn't get out at all, sick as a parrot I was but today I made much more of an effort. I went for a run first thing try to clear my head and see what was happening in this rain.
Amazingly as I got round to the main road a Woodlark flew over calling bingo!.
Got back home had a shower and decided to nip straight back out things were moving. Stood at the front door and could see and hear Brambling x5 and Redwing. Further down walking towards the coast 31 Pinkfeet and then my second patch tick of the day a Tree Sparrow calling south.
Onto the coast patch I could see loads of Gannets going south, Cormorants going north and good numbers of Mipits, Skylarks, Starlings, Redwings, Pied Wagtails and a single Swallow.
I worked the rest of the patch lots of Robins and Thrushs, and something which was probably a Wheatear without a tail, brown thing with a white rump but it looked very odd and couldn't find it after it flew towards trees.
Onto the NSW and my 3rd tick of the day, not had any ticks for ages either, 8 Egyptian Geese, not very exciting but a nice tick all the same. That was it bird wise Dragons on the pond, Migrant Hawker, Common Darter and a Willow Emerald still.

Pics of a Shortie and Wheatear honest!


No comments:

Post a Comment