Saturday 8 November 2014

2 Desert Wheatear!!!

It was a great relief today when the Lowestoft Male Desert Wheatear was still present and the sun was shining. A Stunning bird showing very nicely. Leica have loaned me there new Leica 1.8x Extender for my scope and this was a great opportunity for me to try it out. If I do say so myself I was very impressed.

 





 

Now the great thing was just down the road in Gorloston was a second bird, this time a female, although this was a lot more flighty.
I did manage a few, again with the 1.8x extender on the scope.
These birds are by far common so having 2 within 10 miles of each other is incredible.







And a video view in HD.


After my fill of this bird and meeting up with friends I nipped back to the patch but still quiet except for  a load of Teal and a Tufted Duck past.

Its about time something good was on the patch, maybe tomorrow. Funnily enough, my patch is smack bang in the middle of of the 2 Wheatears, lets hope one passes through and I get to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment