Sunday 2 August 2015

Out n about.

Bit board of the patch at present, so yesterday I headed straight for Carlton Marsh. I headed for the pools but the first nice bird of the day was a fly over Peregrine. It continued well with Sparrowhawk, Kestrel and then a Hobby. A Marsh Harrier was the last raptor. At the pools a good selection of waders, 3 Juv Ruff, 4 Greenshank, 4 Dunlin, 3 Green sandpiper Snipe and 3 Black Tailed Godwit. 2 Little Egret.

Black tailed Godwit

Dunlin
 
Ruff
 
Had lunch at the Wherry pub, nice meal and birds we saw whilst having lunch were an Adult Med Gull and Common tern.
Nipped to Oulton Broad where a Juv Kingfisher showed nicely.






Today I covered the patch early, again quiet 14 Teal, 2 Redshank, and 6 Common Tern. A Common Sandpiper was new in.
I had to resort to butterflies and dragonflies.

Gatekeeper

Peacock

Ringlet

Red eyed damselfly
Headed up to Breydon water where I counted an incredible 300 Med Gulls, I missed the 850 from a little earlier. 3 Spotted Redshanks, 273 Avocet, Whimbrel, Dunlin and lots of Common Terns. 15 Little Egrets topped of a nice morning.


Med Gull
 
Med Gull vid

No comments:

Post a Comment