Sunday 13 December 2015

Cattle Egret

Wow how quiet has birding been of late, I feel like I've not been out and I've not seen anything.
So today I tried to rectify that by actually going out in the daytime. I started by taking the dogs down to Links carpark to photograph the regular Med Gulls.







 
I then continued along the Promenade towards Ness point where 3 Purple Sandpipers were showing.



 
A Turnstone was present so I practiced digiscoping some more.


 
I then nipped to Lake Lothing where a Great Northern Diver and a Guillemot had been present. They were still there along with a Little grebe.




I nipped home and picked Rach up and headed to Hickling for a very nice Cattle Egret, which showed nicely, what a great bird. Passing Horsey Mill we had 2 Cranes in flight, as well as a Barn Owl.






 

Finished the day at Ludham Airfield for a group of nice Bewick Swans.




A great birding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment