Sunday 16 October 2016

What a differnce a day makes.

The winds turned southerly over night so it wasn't surprising when the patch was much quieter than yesterday, an I mean MUCH quieter. However the morning started great as I was getting ready to slog the patch the back door was open whilst the dog was out and I heard the familiar call of the Yellow Browed Warbler, flipping close too, so close it was directly over my head when I went into the garden. It didn't stay long unfortunately although I did hear it call again a few gardens away.
As I walked down the garden to have a look see what else was around a Grey Heron flew out the area of the pond, so its found it, luckily there's no fish.
Other birds noted were Goldcrests, Long Tailed Tits, Meadow Pipits, 3 Grey Wagtails, 2 Pied Wagtail, Continental Blackbirds, Song Thrush and 7 Redpoll Sp, lastly a Siskin.

I felt I had to get back onto the patch, I was really trying to find that biggie, unfortunately like I said earlier things were much quieter. I did have a Firecrest and a Yellow Browed Warbler in Corton Dis Railtrack, unfortunately for the rest of the morning nothing. After lunch it was even harder and added nothing to the day.

So no sign of that biggie again!!! Must plod on though. One day!

No comments:

Post a Comment